discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] A forum

Re: [opennic-discuss] A forum

  • From: <vv AT cgs.pw>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] A forum
  • Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2016 00:25:01 -0800

Nice to see you here Chip.

Good points about the use of the forum.

I was there when we were first discussing it,
and my feeling at the time was that there
was an interest in having more in-depth
discussion about more abstract subjects,
such as why we might be doing this stuff
in the first place. There was someone else
there at the time who had similar interests.
In any case, it is not really possible to
have a longer philosophical discussion on
either IRC or a mailing list, especially
over a long period of time (like months,
for example).

The idea of keeping the forum at arm's length
appeals to me because I have an interest in
the more abstract and philosophical issues
around OpenNIC. At the time that it was started
there was an extreme lack of interest so
I stopped contributing - something that I did
on a daily basis just to keep it alive. We do
need an actual effort on the part of members
in order to keep it buoyant.

Regards,
Ole Juul