discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] ***SPAM*** Re: [SPAM] Re: OpenNIC Domains Registration Fee - Liberland domains .LL

Re: [opennic-discuss] ***SPAM*** Re: [SPAM] Re: OpenNIC Domains Registration Fee - Liberland domains .LL

  • From: Maiyannah Bishop <maiyannah.bishop AT postactiv.com>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] ***SPAM*** Re: [SPAM] Re: OpenNIC Domains Registration Fee - Liberland domains .LL
  • Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2016 19:39:26 -0500

This is why the one non-negotiable aspect of a system where we do introduce paid domains, if it came to pass, would HAVE to require compensation for the DNS operators whom wished compensated.  To me it's non-negotiable if we do have paid domains that the people providing their infrastructure are compensated if they wish to be.

From a practical point of view, however, there is the aspect that in doing this (if we did), were are complicating a previously-gratis system that has worked just fine for a long period of time.  So its not hard to understand why some people do have objections to it.
-mb