discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] [SPAM] Re: OpenNIC Domains Registration Fee - Liberland domains .LL

Re: [opennic-discuss] [SPAM] Re: OpenNIC Domains Registration Fee - Liberland domains .LL

  • From: Maiyannah Bishop <maiyannah.bishop AT postactiv.com>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] [SPAM] Re: OpenNIC Domains Registration Fee - Liberland domains .LL
  • Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2016 18:54:25 -0500

This is the fundamental "problem" with paid services on OpenNIC - but it's not an unsolvable one, if someone wanted to come up with a fair compensation system.  I'm indifferent when it comes to gratis versus paid - I'm okay with paid domains and I'm okay with free ones, in principle, though I think it would be very hard to actually monetize OpenNIC domains in the current ecosystem.  But if we do have paid systems, nameserver operators whom wish compensated for the traffic on their servers, should be compensated.
-mb