discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] OpenNIC Domains Registration Fee - Liberland domains .LL

Re: [opennic-discuss] OpenNIC Domains Registration Fee - Liberland domains .LL

  • From: Jonah Aragon <jonaharagon AT gmail.com>
  • To: discuss <discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org>
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] OpenNIC Domains Registration Fee - Liberland domains .LL
  • Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2016 15:55:53 -0600

I'm fine with the pricing aspects of the domains during the registration process. I don't think OpenNIC has to be free and shouldn't mandate that on their domains, that's unfeasible at a certain point.

The pricing system is flawed though in ways that could and will make it susceptible to abuse when it came time to renew, which I pointed out a few days ago. For that reason if this was brought to a vote I would also vote no. If Liberland included policies that protected current domain owners when renewal time came around I would probably vote yes.

That's just my opinion. This isn't even being called to a vote right now anyways so there's no reason to pick a side.

Jonah