discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] OpenNIC Domains Registration Fee - Liberland domains .LL

Re: [opennic-discuss] OpenNIC Domains Registration Fee - Liberland domains .LL

  • From: Philipp Schafft <lion AT lion.leolix.org>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Cc: "Fellig e.V. Vorstand" <ev AT fellig.org>
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] OpenNIC Domains Registration Fee - Liberland domains .LL
  • Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2016 22:38:25 +0000

Good evening,

On Mon, 2016-12-12 at 15:25 -0600, Jonah Aragon wrote:
> .fur is not an OpenNIC TLD, we peer with FurNIC for that functionality
> (the docs on it are confusing because I believe at one point it was
> part of OpenNIC, but they split off).

Not exactly split off. More reinvented. But that being details of
History. (Anyone want to write a (wiki) article on the history of
OpenNIC?)

> If you need to contact someone there I think there's contact info at
> nic.fur.

Exactly. ;)

> www.nic.fur still works and I would suggest changing the website link
> to that, it seems to be their homepage.

First of all, register.fur is just for 'compatibility' with OpenNIC.
Maybe it's better to make it point to a little page that informs the
reader that he found a strange link and that the actual FurNIC page is
at http://www.nic.fur/.

So basically the domain is more reserved than actually used. If OpenNIC
at some point requests it I would gladly paw it over.

Here is an extract from the whois:
Domain : register.fur
Description : OpenNIC req for register.TLD, redirect to nic.fur
Created : 2009-03-06 18:09:50.331651+01

That said: What is the error message you get? The site works for me.
Also feel free to ping me or any other official on IRC. (just ask in
#opennic on freenode if you you already joined.)

Have a nice day,

PS: I will be out of office tomorrow.

--
Philipp Schafft,