discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] [VOTE] vote for .box

Re: [opennic-discuss] [VOTE] vote for .box

  • From: Dominique Rehborn <dominique AT boxnet.eu>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] [VOTE] vote for .box
  • Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2011 13:31:40 +0200

On 08/16/2011 01:19 PM, Alex Nordlund wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 16, 2011 at 12:52 AM, Dominique Rehborn <dominique AT boxnet.eu>
> wrote:
>> please folks read the charter yourself and get a proper picture of
>> what's behind it. There are unexplainable fears here which i simply
>> cannot see.
>
> I see them pretty clearly and unfortunately I agree with Travis on this
> point.
care to explain? Because nobody yet did properly. i wonder if i could
have feedback of someone who actually sponsors a TLD and thus facing
those issues which might raise up, some people on the other hand just
see one side of the story, and that's kind of sad.

>> Fyi, i am not a lawyer and made up this charter myself, i asked for
>> feedback and the rules for this OpenNIC democracy say that one week for
>> the proposal, in which you have time to discuss and change the charter,
>> and after a motion another week for voting in which you cannot change
>> the charter anymore, [..]
>
> There is nothing that says you can't voice your opinion while the
> voting is going.

of course, at any time, it just will just stop the process completely if
people don't raise their voice within that time which is to discuss it,
but rather in the voting period.

if there are now arguments to be found which changes the charter, there
has to be another vote, and i have a feeling there will be endless
changes, because in a democracy you just simply can't make everybody
happy. this will clearly result in nothing.

please raise a valid point if you reply. thanks.