discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] Plone

Re: [opennic-discuss] Plone

  • From: Jon Hebb <somebodyrocks AT gmail.com>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] Plone
  • Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2012 12:26:27 -0500

You still are clearly confused on how a 501(c)(3) operates and is formed. You should go back and do your research again from a credible source. I'm not trying to offend you, as you've been quite nice with us, but I usually stand by silent on this list. I won't do such when I know you're wrong.

501(c)(3) is a tax status set aside for non-profit entities that are performing a charitable duty.. religious & educational institutions, typically. If you'd like to cite your source where your reading that the "the US government magically controls a 501(c)(3)'s money," please do.. but I can tell you from serving as an officer in multiple 501(c)(3)'s and forming two of them myself, that is not how that works in any way, shape, or form. The US government does not just hand out money to a 501(c)(3), and therefore is not controlling a 501(c)(3).