discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] Odd links on the wiki

Re: [opennic-discuss] Odd links on the wiki

  • From: Brian Koontz <brian AT opennicproject.org>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] Odd links on the wiki
  • Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2012 17:43:49 -0500

On Tue, Oct 16, 2012 at 01:57:42PM -0500, Jamyn Shanley wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 16, 2012 at 1:57 PM, Jamyn Shanley <jshanley AT gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > 1. a website standard for registrars; there is none.
> > 2. a records standard (what is collected); there is none.
> > 3. an expiration standard (for dead or unused domains); there is none.
> > 4. replication of any registration data to the core opennic infrastructure
> > to avoid data loss; there is none (not talking about zonefiles here);
> > 4. monitoring of infrastructure; there is apparently a little.
> > 5. fast removal of dead or sluggish servers from published dns;

6. decent fair wages to reimburse the time spent on maintaining the
OpenNIC infrastructure; there is none.

Unless you want to step up to the plate, that is, and offer a little
monetary incentive that would allow me to step away from my
bill-paying job to address all of your concerns. Until that happens,
I and others who donate their time to OpenNIC will continue to do so
contingent upon all the other demands on our time.

--Brian

--
OpenNIC (the sequel) co-founder and wikimaster
IRC: Freenode.net channel #opennic