discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] Odd links on the wiki

Re: [opennic-discuss] Odd links on the wiki

  • From: Jamyn Shanley <jshanley AT gmail.com>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] Odd links on the wiki
  • Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2012 19:04:18 -0500

On Tue, Oct 16, 2012 at 6:57 PM, Dean Gardiner <fuzeman91 AT gmail.com> wrote:

So what happens if the form is there and can be submitted but internally the server is not updating zone files resulting in domains not being added/updated in DNS?

From memory I think this has happened a few times with OpenNIC tlds.

You're talking about yet another problem; it's not what we're talking about here. We're talking about OpenNIC sites going offline, or serving the wrong content. From what I've seen, that's FAR more common than being able to load the registrar site, but  submissions resulting in data loss. And if you want to solve that problem, it's possible to login, submit a form, and verify results with perl or any other scripting language. Because you'd want to wait for replication though, I don't think you'd want to include that test in a typical status check.