discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] Join the linkedin discussion group 'Alt Root Foundation' for Open Nic names....

Re: [opennic-discuss] Join the linkedin discussion group 'Alt Root Foundation' for Open Nic names....

  • From: Brian Koontz <brian AT opennicproject.org>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] Join the linkedin discussion group 'Alt Root Foundation' for Open Nic names....
  • Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2012 12:31:38 -0600

On Sat, Nov 10, 2012 at 06:04:06PM +0000, Peter Green wrote:
> The Altroot website seems to be saying that there are new gTLDs
> already available and that some of them are .glue .geek .tt etc and
> that "Extensions already active in the alt root zone - 'Open Nic'"
> which to my knowledge has nothing to with the AltRoot foundation, no
> affiliation at all and is referring to OpenNIC and New Nation T.L.D.s?

I actually read their "press release" as sort of a threat: That in
order to "keep" our TLDs from colliding with their "new" TLDs we need
to be somehow affiliated with them? Like yourself, I had a tough time
reading their material due to the grammatical inconsistencies.

Technically, we are not a non-profit. We have never organized as such.

--Brian

--
OpenNIC (the sequel) co-founder and wikimaster
IRC: Freenode.net channel #opennic