discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] Organisation form of Open Nic-importantforcooperationwithmultiwebsphere.com,orAltRootFoundation.org-wouldyoulike cooperation?

Re: [opennic-discuss] Organisation form of Open Nic-importantforcooperationwithmultiwebsphere.com,orAltRootFoundation.org-wouldyoulike cooperation?

  • From: netadmin <netadmin AT eth.si>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] Organisation form of Open Nic-importantforcooperationwithmultiwebsphere.com,orAltRootFoundation.org-wouldyoulike cooperation?
  • Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2012 02:52:34 +0100

On Mon, 2012-11-12 at 19:33 -0600, mike wrote:
> On 11/12/2012 08:11 PM, netadmin wrote:
> > How would a body with no legal structure be a part of any court
> > proceedings as such?
>
> You don't need a "legal structure" whatever that means, to be a part
> of a court proceeding, all you need is a subpoena.

OpenNIC is a gather of natural persons (from a legal standpoint), and
together does not form any sorts of legal personality.

> Unless someone can come up with a better description, the best
> definition that I have come to understand is that OpenNIC, as it
> stands, is a "Voluntary Association" style of a "Collective".
> Such entities have well established and well understood legal
> standing.

What would the labels "Voluntary Association" style of a "Collective"
matter in a court of law? Wouldn't we have to defend/prosecute as
natural persons? What kind of legal standing would such entities have,
in a nutshell ?