discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] Alex' exclusion proposal - Join the linkedin discussion group 'Alt Root Foundation' for Open Nic names....nanashiRei <nanashi.rei@gmail.com>

Re: [opennic-discuss] Alex' exclusion proposal - Join the linkedin discussion group 'Alt Root Foundation' for Open Nic names....nanashiRei <nanashi.rei AT gmail.com>

  • From: nanashiRei <nanashi.rei AT gmail.com>
  • To: OpenNIC Discuss <discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org>
  • Cc: berlin AT multiwebsphere.com, discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] Alex' exclusion proposal - Join the linkedin discussion group 'Alt Root Foundation' for Open Nic names....nanashiRei <nanashi.rei AT gmail.com>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2012 17:46:41 +0100

The way things get decided on OpenNIC is in a democratic vote. It does
not matter how many people vote for something as long as there is more
opposing votes then there are votes in favor of it. There are close to
300 people on the mailing list and all of them have a say in this.
However, if they don't respond, then they are to be rated as
abstentions, after a certain amount of time. And it's not just me and
Alex H. who object to altroot/mws association with OpenNIC.

Now, if you would want to request an informal association with OpenNIC,
you'll have to post a proposal for it and call for a vote. At least
that's how i understand it.

--
David "nanashiRei" Marner
Founder of YaS-Online.net

PGP public key @ http://nanashirei.me/pgp
Commercial contact: nanashi.rei AT senshi.jp