discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] Organisation form of Open Nic - important forcooperationwith multiwebsphere.com, or AltRootFoundation.org - would youlike cooperation?

  • From: "Aaron J. Angel" <thatoneguy AT aaronjangel.us>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] Organisation form of Open Nic - important forcooperationwith multiwebsphere.com, or AltRootFoundation.org - would youlike cooperation?
  • Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2012 16:47:20 -0500

On 11/12/2012 04:20 PM, mike wrote:

> Unless someone can come up with a better description, the best
> definition that I have come to understand is that OpenNIC, as it
> stands, is a "Voluntary Association" style of a "Collective". Such
> entities have well established and well understood legal standing.

That may be about as close as you can get, although the vocabulary may
be different depending on location. Well-established and
well-understood, I might dispute, considering that laws differ between
various countries, states, provinces, cities, etc., and OpenNIC doesn't
have a 'home' in that respect.