discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] Join the linkedin discussion group 'Alt Root Foundation' for Open Nic names....

Re: [opennic-discuss] Join the linkedin discussion group 'Alt Root Foundation' for Open Nic names....

  • From: Peter Green <peter AT greenpete.free>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] Join the linkedin discussion group 'Alt Root Foundation' for Open Nic names....
  • Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2012 18:04:06 +0000

Hi,

I'm slightly confused here, maybe someone can help clarify the situation?

The Altroot website seems to be saying that there are new gTLDs
already available and that some of them are .glue .geek .tt etc and
that "Extensions already active in the alt root zone - 'Open Nic'"
which to my knowledge has nothing to with the AltRoot foundation, no
affiliation at all and is referring to OpenNIC and New Nation T.L.D.s?

The letter to I.C.A.N.N. was written with considerable grammatical
errors and inaccuracies and what with the above, seems to me to add up
to making OpenNIC look bad as well as AltRoot, or am I not seeing this
quite right?

Also, OpenNIC is non profit and does not charge anything for a TLD. So
how does AltRoot tie in with OpenNIC as they seem to want to charge?

Please forgive me if I am missing something and point me in the right
direction.

Peter