discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] The website

Re: [opennic-discuss] The website

  • From: Brian Koontz <brian AT opennicproject.org>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] The website
  • Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2012 09:35:13 -0600

On Wed, Dec 05, 2012 at 10:47:09AM +0000, Peter Green wrote:
> If you want people to volunteer their time and help maybe you as a founder
> memeber could be more supportive and help guide 'the new blood'.

Really? You really want to go there? The entire reason why you are
here, right now, is through the efforts of a core group of people (not
only myself, I played only a small role) to get OpenNIC to where it is
today. Countless hours, volunteered resources, who knows how many out
of pocket $$ have been spent to support OpenNIC. If you don't like
what I have to say, that's fine, I respect that. But don't sit there
and accuse me of bullshit like being "non-supportive."

That said, I'll offer some constructive criticism: If you are going
to take the design discussion off-list, I encourage you to have *all*
discussions off-list. The reason being if some think it's difficult
now to follow the threaded conversations here, it will be a real bitch
to wade through two forums and try to follow what's going on.

So, take the design discussion to your forum and I'll make sure to
direct future discussion that way. I think this will be more
beneficial than splitting the discussion up.

--Brian