discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] The website

Re: [opennic-discuss] The website

  • From: nanashiRei <nanashi.rei AT gmail.com>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] The website
  • Date: Thu, 06 Dec 2012 00:43:06 +0100

And i just had the most brilliant idea can you post the hostnames + ips
for the pages i'm unable to get to? I can just use my damn hosts file...
^^ that's so easy, that i feel stupid ^^

Am 05.12.2012 16:53, schrieb Peter Green:

> My view is I am standing on the shoulders of giants.
>
> I am showing my appreciation of the work done by many people before me by
> actually doing somthing and not just talking about it.
>
> My concept of volunteering is that you give what you can for free and in
> return you have fun and learn.
>
> I hope that volunteering for OpenNIC becomes more fun in the future,
> because right now it's not. Less than two days into putting my money where
> my mouth is and I am getting little joy from it. I am however learning
> something...
>
> Please be clear, I asked if people wanted to take the conversation off
> list. I didn't nor do I demand it, I thought it was a possible positive,
> you only have to say, 'maybe it'd be better not to' and I cannot force
> anyone can I?
>
> I don't believe it to be "bullshit" to say that you, Brian are being the
> opposite of supportive, in fact I will go as far as to say you are
> destructive.
>
> Peter
>

> Brian Koontz <brian AT opennicproject.org> wrote:
>
>> On Wed, Dec 05, 2012 at 10:47:09AM +0000, Peter Green wrote:
>>> If you want people to volunteer their time and help maybe you as a
>> founder memeber could be more supportive and help guide 'the new
>> blood'.
>

>> Really? You really want to go there? The entire reason why you are
>> here, right now, is through the efforts of a core group of people (not
>> only myself, I played only a small role) to get OpenNIC to where it is
>> today. Countless hours, volunteered resources, who knows how many out
>> of pocket $$ have been spent to support OpenNIC. If you don't like
>> what I have to say, that's fine, I respect that. But don't sit there
>> and accuse me of bullshit like being "non-supportive."
>
>> That said, I'll offer some constructive criticism: If you are going
>> to take the design discussion off-list, I encourage you to have *all*
>> discussions off-list. The reason being if some think it's difficult
>> now to follow the threaded conversations here, it will be a real bitch
>> to wade through two forums and try to follow what's going on.
>
>> So, take the design discussion to your forum and I'll make sure to
>> direct future discussion that way. I think this will be more
>> beneficial than splitting the discussion up.
>
>> --Brian
>

>> --------
>> You are a member of the OpenNIC Discuss list.
>> You may unsubscribe by emailing
>> discuss-unsubscribe AT lists.opennicproject.org

David "nanashiRei" Marner
Founder of YaS-Online.net
Service from Gamers, for Gamers.

PGP public key @ http://nanashirei.me/pgp
Commercial contact: nanashi.rei AT senshi.jp