discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] The website

Re: [opennic-discuss] The website

  • From: Brian Koontz <brian AT opennicproject.org>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] The website
  • Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2012 09:39:07 -0600

On Wed, Dec 05, 2012 at 06:29:44AM +0100, nanashiRei wrote:
> And, Brian, i ask you directly:
> What do you run OpenNIC for?
> Why do you support it?

I believe in the democratic and open principles upon which OpenNIC was
founded. I believe OpenNIC is the antithesis of all that ICANN stands
for, and was particularly disturbed when ICANN decided to banish the
at-large positions on its board. OpenNIC is my way of contributing
something back to those who have worked so hard to provide me with the
open source tools I use every day.

--Brian

--
OpenNIC (the sequel) co-founder and wikimaster
IRC: Freenode.net channel #opennic