discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] The website

Re: [opennic-discuss] The website

  • From: Quinn Wood <wood.quinn.s AT gmail.com>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] The website
  • Date: Wed, 05 Dec 2012 18:19:51 -0600

Quinn Wood wrote:
Did someone /really/ ask what was wrong with gnupg.org?? This is the
problem with letting IT people come up with design instead of leaving
it to designers. Yes, I can build a website with the output of every
server, we can do ping times and reports. The average person doesn't
want that though.

The average person wants to come to OpenNICproject.org and see: 1)
What is OpenNIC in under 200 words 2) A Quick Feature List 3) How to
install it on my computer, explaining it as though I was a 5 year
old

no more, no less. If people want more, we provide them links to get
the additional information they need.

Also Brian you keep talking about how there are all these reports and
things that we pull from the wiki and that's your reasoning for using
the wiki software we have -- wiki's are not supposed to be for
statically generated content. We could build that into the website
(very easily).

What we need the wiki for is organizational things: Projects, Teams,
Guides, Development, etc. Wikis are supposed to be editable by people
and provide a way to easily share information that can be built upon
by other people, why would we want the wiki to share statistics?

I didn't write that haha.

--
Quinn
http://woodquinn.x10.mx