discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] The website

Re: [opennic-discuss] The website

  • From: Peter Green <peter AT greenpete.free>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] The website
  • Date: Wed, 05 Dec 2012 15:53:12 +0000

My view is I am standing on the shoulders of giants.

I am showing my appreciation of the work done by many people before me by
actually doing somthing and not just talking about it.

My concept of volunteering is that you give what you can for free and in
return you have fun and learn.

I hope that volunteering for OpenNIC becomes more fun in the future, because
right now it's not. Less than two days into putting my money where my mouth
is and I am getting little joy from it. I am however learning something...

Please be clear, I asked if people wanted to take the conversation off list.
I didn't nor do I demand it, I thought it was a possible positive, you only
have to say, 'maybe it'd be better not to' and I cannot force anyone can I?

I don't believe it to be "bullshit" to say that you, Brian are being the
opposite of supportive, in fact I will go as far as to say you are
destructive.

Peter

Brian Koontz <brian AT opennicproject.org> wrote:

>On Wed, Dec 05, 2012 at 10:47:09AM +0000, Peter Green wrote:
>> If you want people to volunteer their time and help maybe you as a
>founder memeber could be more supportive and help guide 'the new
>blood'.
>

>Really? You really want to go there? The entire reason why you are
>here, right now, is through the efforts of a core group of people (not
>only myself, I played only a small role) to get OpenNIC to where it is
>today. Countless hours, volunteered resources, who knows how many out
>of pocket $$ have been spent to support OpenNIC. If you don't like
>what I have to say, that's fine, I respect that. But don't sit there
>and accuse me of bullshit like being "non-supportive."
>
>That said, I'll offer some constructive criticism: If you are going
>to take the design discussion off-list, I encourage you to have *all*
>discussions off-list. The reason being if some think it's difficult
>now to follow the threaded conversations here, it will be a real bitch
>to wade through two forums and try to follow what's going on.
>
>So, take the design discussion to your forum and I'll make sure to
>direct future discussion that way. I think this will be more
>beneficial than splitting the discussion up.
>
> --Brian
>

>--------
>You are a member of the OpenNIC Discuss list.
>You may unsubscribe by emailing
>discuss-unsubscribe AT lists.opennicproject.org

- --
Wanged from my Kaiser by a mischievous pixie!