discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] [MOTION] Drop .OZ

Re: [opennic-discuss] [MOTION] Drop .OZ

  • From: "Aaron J. Angel" <thatoneguy AT aaronjangel.us>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] [MOTION] Drop .OZ
  • Date: Fri, 08 Feb 2013 09:37:53 -0500

On 02/08/2013 12:15 AM, Panesar, Amrit wrote:
well if there any users actively using the zone, I wouldn't mind absorbing it

This is probably something we should really consider. How do we determine active registrants? Not only that, how do we determine the TLD operator has abandoned it? Do we have a definition of abandonment?

In either case, I think dropping OZ is right, unless we are intentionally bucking the idea of ccTLDs. We also need to be more careful about accepting TLDs and TLD operators. There has been discussion about the requirements, etc., yet it seems to be a relatively common occurrence that operators or their zones just disappear.