discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] [MOTION] Drop .OZ

Re: [opennic-discuss] [MOTION] Drop .OZ

  • From: "Aaron J. Angel" <thatoneguy AT aaronjangel.us>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] [MOTION] Drop .OZ
  • Date: Fri, 08 Feb 2013 09:53:20 -0500

On 02/08/2013 09:46 AM, Simon wrote:
I think this may always be the case. When someone choses to register a domain
with a tld the agreement is with that tld not opennic per se. Perhaps this
should be made clearer. I see the relationship between a tld and opennic core
in a similar way to the relationship between a hosting or colo provider and
the company they buy their connectivty from.

That may be true, but there should be some sort of commitment to the group from the operator. They are, after all, taking up a portion of our namespace to provide a service to their users. We shouldn't have to put up with an operator taking up a portion of our namespace to provide non-functional service.