discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] .pirate TLD

Re: [opennic-discuss] .pirate TLD

  • From: Peter Green <peter AT greenpete.free>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] .pirate TLD
  • Date: Sun, 09 Feb 2014 18:47:10 +0000

>Long answer: http://falkvinge.net/2011/02/20/why-the-name-pirate-party/

As I at least implied, some will understand, some won't, that's pretty much what the man says here.

He talks about the success of the party due to the name and I am not arguing that point or for that matter whether .pirate has sullied the OpenNIC name, just that it may have and specifically in the context of if it should be dropped if as I think I read, there are no domains under this T.L.D. anyway, due to the database being lost, though I may be wrong there?

So, if there are people either in the process of resurecting the domain or others that wish to, then great, but lets get it done.

I assume Travis doesn't monitor this list or is ignoring this conversation, either way not helpful.

If nothing is happening with the T.L.D. then can one of the core members facilitate/coordinate the resurrection please?

Peter

--
Wanged from my Kaiser by a mischievous pixie!