discuss - RE: [opennic-discuss] Dot Null registration

RE: [opennic-discuss] Dot Null registration

  • From: vv AT cgs.pw
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: RE: [opennic-discuss] Dot Null registration
  • Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2015 11:34:16 -0800

Perhaps this would be better on IRC but here goes.

Is the .null domain different from other domains in that
it is intended for running domain servers instead of
web sites? In past years I've just set A records (etc.)
with the registrar when I register my domains, but I see
this is very different. If I can't use this domain
for a web site, then that's OK, but if I can, then
what should I actually do now?

~ vv

PS: I registered another opennic name yesterday (.pirate)
and it worked just like ICANN domain registrations do.