discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] ICANN now has a .free gTLD

Re: [opennic-discuss] ICANN now has a .free gTLD

  • From: Maiyannah Bishop <maiyannah.bishop AT postactiv.com>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] ICANN now has a .free gTLD
  • Date: Sat, 3 Dec 2016 01:08:41 -0500

Frankly, I don't give a fuck about these new TLDs ICANN is flogging to companies for millions and I don't think we should either.  Since OpenNIC was "there first", I think the onus is on the operator of the ICANN gTLD to resolve any conflicts.  They won't, but the alternative is to bend over to ICANN, which I don't want us to start doing.  If OpenNIC is just blithely giving way when ICANN pulls things like this, then to me, it has no utility.  The whole point of OpenNIC to me personally is to avoid having to deal with the BS from ICANN.
-mb