discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] A forum

Re: [opennic-discuss] A forum

  • From: Alex Nordlund <deep.alexander AT gmail.com>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] A forum
  • Date: Sun, 4 Dec 2016 19:15:04 +0100

Has anyone suggested discourse yet?

On 4 Dec 2016 6:19 p.m., "Jonah Aragon" <jonaharagon AT gmail.com> wrote:

I don't think a forum is necessary and it would encourage apathy towards the project for the reasons a few people have already mentioned here and on IRC, the nature of mailing lists is a push notification style of message, while forum posts you have to seek out yourself. It would stop the frequent reminders to participate that some people need. For example: Yesterday. We had a surge in mailing list posts following the .o approval and some other various discussions about infrastructure and the future of .free, and that's only because every time someone initiated a conversation the mailing list actively pulled new opinions in.

The mailing list currently suits our needs quite nicely and I see no reason to fix something that isn't broken.

Jonah