discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] Vote: .cyb TLD

Re: [opennic-discuss] Vote: .cyb TLD

  • From: <vv AT cgs.pw>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] Vote: .cyb TLD
  • Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2017 18:18:32 -0700

Are they not all in working order?

Also, what constitutes "working order"?

It is indeed a problem. There are skills,
time, and resources required to to this
and they have to be available ALL the time.*
Not just for a few months, and then take
a vacation or whatever. People who get
a domain under a TLD rely on the TLD operators
and it's not fair (or appropriate) to let
them down. Certainly not without notice.

On the other hand, perhaps some churn is
appropriate in this case. I don't know. I guess
there different missions for OpenNIC DNS
servers and OpenNIC TLDs.

~ Ole

PS: I imagine that "all the time" would be for
the foreseeable future, which might be 2 months
for a 20yo and 20 years for an old fart like me.
Our community is always going to be a wide mix.