discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] Update to the servers page

Re: [opennic-discuss] Update to the servers page

  • From: Jeff Taylor <shdwdrgn AT sourpuss.net>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] Update to the servers page
  • Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2017 22:13:59 -0600
  • Dmarc-filter: OpenDMARC Filter v1.3.0 mx1.computerrehab.us C4BD12D7C2

I *could*, it's mostly a matter of appearance and preference.  When you have a long list of items such as this, it becomes tiresome to the eyes if you are also reading across a very wide row, plus it makes it easier to lose your place.  I have 1600x1200 screens, so a web site that takes full advantage of the space really strains my eyes quickly.  And I just find it neater to keep a decent margin.  Then there's the issue that so much in CSS is easier if you have fixed column sizes to work with, it's more likely to format the same way across different browsers and operation systems.

I'm actually trying to consider going the other way, making the page more mobile-friendly.  I haven't really had any experience trying to set up responsive layouts, but would like to give it a shot with pages like this.