discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] Epik is selling OpenNIC domain registrations

Re: [opennic-discuss] Epik is selling OpenNIC domain registrations

  • From: kevin <krattai AT gmail.com>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] Epik is selling OpenNIC domain registrations
  • Date: Wed, 08 Apr 2020 12:52:32 -0500

I have been quiet on this list for a long time because mostly, much of
the kerfuffle blows over. I'm sure this will, as well.

I did want to add my agreement to what Jeff is saying, though. So many
have come and gone from OpenNIC. I guess somehow the people who come
along and try to capitalize on the efforts of the core community, as
though we will somehow magically just agree to do much or all of the
hard work of developing something unique around the community efforts
and not try to leverage the community out from under us, is how people
like those at Epik think. It is that lack of understanding of the
infrastructure and the people and community who created and maintain
it, that sees those attempts fail, time and again.

I guess, good luck to Epik. Pulling TLDs out from under the TLD
owners' feet is pretty much going to be an effort in futility. :D

Kevin