discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] register.fur prevents visitor registration by default

Re: [opennic-discuss] register.fur prevents visitor registration by default

  • From: Julian DeMarchi <julian AT jdcomputers.com.au>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] register.fur prevents visitor registration by default
  • Date: Thu, 31 May 2012 10:04:37 +1000

> The new website isn't live. I filed reports on bugs with the existing
> site. You know - the one that every single visitor sees right now.
> Speaking of "all talk", it seems to fit the description of the "new
> website" quite well.

Heh....

You've pushed me. Here is an announcement for it then.

http://members.opennic.glue is our new member registration site. Don't
sign up yet it is not ready, but I'm not all fuckin talk. I've spent
months getting this ready!

http://new.opennic.glue is our new website, again it is not complete
yet. But i'm not _fuckin_ talk....

All this is authd via ldap via SSL. Mailing list and the wiki will
eventually be LDAP auth too, mvoing towards a SSO service.

>> The end goal is broader adoption and the new website and services will
>> assist with this.
>
> Great. It doesn't invalidate any existing bug or issue that has been
> reported until it's live, as the issues exist right now.

But I've mentioned before that the new site is comin, and to be patient.

>> I'm even more amused, we get your types popping up every so often making
>> alot of noise, then when the offer to acually help is presented, all
>> sorts of excuses are presented. So yes, you are all talk until proved
>> otherwise.
>
> Perhaps people lose interest in helping because when they raise
> issues, they are rebuffed.
> Would you spend your time helping someone that does not show any
> interest in any issues raised?

Rebuffing occured here becuase you pushed the point even though I stated
the new site is coming. Now I've annouced it prematurely. Why, to prove
I'm not _fuckin_ talk.

>> So this could make the bug reports null and void, and you
>> wouldn't know as no help has been offered.
>
> Nobody asked me to help with anything - I simply started reporting
> issues as I noticed them. And had someone simply said "great, thanks
> for the reports - do you want to help with xyz?" I would have said
> yes.
>
> Your reaction to my reports is somewhat agressive. Do you enjoy
> working with people like that?

Indeed. I first asked you to be patient and wait. You pushed the point,
so I gave you the option to stop talking, and help with the new efforts.
You only continued to talk. All fuckin talk.

--julian