discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] register.fur prevents visitor registration by default

Re: [opennic-discuss] register.fur prevents visitor registration by default

  • From: Jamyn Shanley <jshanley AT gmail.com>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] register.fur prevents visitor registration by default
  • Date: Wed, 30 May 2012 18:57:31 -0500

On Wed, May 30, 2012 at 6:52 PM, Julian DeMarchi
<julian AT jdcomputers.com.au> wrote:
> On 05/31/2012 09:47 AM, Jamyn Shanley wrote:
>> Really? So submitting 3-4 bug reports in just the last few hours, plus
>> offering to spend my time on something IF the end goal is broader
>> adoption is "all talk"? I'm amused.
>
> Indeed it is. The bug reports you have mentioned are being fixed in the
> new website.

The new website isn't live. I filed reports on bugs with the existing
site. You know - the one that every single visitor sees right now.
Speaking of "all talk", it seems to fit the description of the "new
website" quite well.

> The end goal is broader adoption and the new website and services will
> assist with this.

Great. It doesn't invalidate any existing bug or issue that has been
reported until it's live, as the issues exist right now.

> I'm even more amused, we get your types popping up every so often making
> alot of noise, then when the offer to acually help is presented, all
> sorts of excuses are presented. So yes, you are all talk until proved
> otherwise.

Perhaps people lose interest in helping because when they raise
issues, they are rebuffed.
Would you spend your time helping someone that does not show any
interest in any issues raised?

> So this could make the bug reports null and void, and you
> wouldn't know as no help has been offered.

Nobody asked me to help with anything - I simply started reporting
issues as I noticed them. And had someone simply said "great, thanks
for the reports - do you want to help with xyz?" I would have said
yes.

Your reaction to my reports is somewhat agressive. Do you enjoy
working with people like that?