discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] register.fur prevents visitor registration by default

Re: [opennic-discuss] register.fur prevents visitor registration by default

  • From: Jamyn Shanley <jshanley AT gmail.com>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] register.fur prevents visitor registration by default
  • Date: Wed, 30 May 2012 19:13:57 -0500

On Wed, May 30, 2012 at 7:04 PM, Julian DeMarchi
<julian AT jdcomputers.com.au> wrote:
>> The new website isn't live. I filed reports on bugs with the existing
>> site. You know - the one that every single visitor sees right now.
>> Speaking of "all talk", it seems to fit the description of the "new
>> website" quite well.
>
> Heh....
>
> You've pushed me. Here is an announcement for it then. <snip>

My point is you rejected bug reports as "invalid" because they don't
exist on the "next version" of the site that is/was not public. That
doesn't make the issues invalid, though obviously you can choose not
to address them. They're still valid bugs though, until the site is
replaced or the issues are fixed.

> Rebuffing occured here becuase you pushed the point even though I stated
> the new site is coming. Now I've annouced it prematurely. Why, to prove
> I'm not _fuckin_ talk.

I find it somewhat amusing that simply sticking to my position on a
very simple issue - that registrars use SSL certificates that are
recognized by the majority of clients - elicited this much rage. I
thought the way it worked was that people raised their concerns, and
they are discussed. If that's not what this list is for, and if that's
not encouraged, then clearly I misunderstood the purpose of this list.
If we're all supposed to just nod and say "yes", great.

> Indeed. I first asked you to be patient and wait. You pushed the point,
> so I gave you the option to stop talking, and help with the new efforts.
> You only continued to talk. All fuckin talk.

You quite sarcastically and publicly asked me to "help" in the middle
of a heated email exchange. It was clearly not a serious request for
help (and if it was, it certainly was the wrong time and place to
ask).