discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] register.fur prevents visitor registration by default

Re: [opennic-discuss] register.fur prevents visitor registration by default

  • From: Niels Dettenbach <nd AT syndicat.com>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] register.fur prevents visitor registration by default
  • Date: Thu, 31 May 2012 09:29:21 +0200

Am Mittwoch, 30. Mai 2012, 18:40:28 schrieb Alex Hanselka:
> I'd just like to mention that you can't get a commercial cert for an
> opennic DNS. IF you find a place, let me know.

hmmm,
if there are interest in (non-commercial) OpenNIC SSL certs i'm open to set
up
a x509 SSL/TLS CA for server, user, code and other certificate types within
OpenNIC - incl. a simple web GUI for diggin in the CA and for certificates by
web.

Shure, the CA root is not preinstalled in the browsers but the single root CA
cert could be published anywhere centrally on the OpenNIC website or on
similiar places. This means OpenNIC users has to install one root cert by
click into their browsers / client systems once to get full SSL/TLS
authentication of servers etc. within such a OpenNIC CA / within OpenNIC.

With cross certs other CAs could play "sub" CA and handle their own CA.

To get a minimum security level i.e. the domain holder has to place some file
and/or accept and react to some email in his domain space.

Getting "highler" levels i.e. on a domain holder it may make sense that:

- OpenNIC establishes a WHOIS
- OpenNIC CA acts against that WHOIS

For minimum requirements the Whois should offer regarding domain holders
email
addresses / contacts or similiar.

This are just some first / short ideas here and not be fully thinked
thoroughly...

best regards,

Niels.

--