discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] Google map beta testing

Re: [opennic-discuss] Google map beta testing

  • From: sjeap <sjeap AT lavabit.com>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] Google map beta testing
  • Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2012 14:16:22 +0200

Hello,

done very well Jeff! This is great to get an overview of all servers'
locations and states.

When beta testing is done, it would be nice to see that somehow
integrated into the main website. Maybe by a small, clickable preview on
the left side of the frontpage or the like. Such visual graspable
representations of information attract people and give them a good
feeling what to deal with. (OpenNIC, servers, DNS, what? - Map, ahhh!) ;)

And as Richard described his thoughts before, I would really like to see
changes for the frontpage logo. The current representation looks more
like a teaser than a (brand) logo in the header. There are several
suggestions, one could just take one of them.

Regards sjeap