discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] OpenID authentication (backed by LDAP!)

Re: [opennic-discuss] OpenID authentication (backed by LDAP!)

  • From: Filip Lamparski <matka.poohatka AT gmail.com>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] OpenID authentication (backed by LDAP!)
  • Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2012 09:56:12 +0100

I, on the other hand, disagree: it can do good if you can choose whether or not to use central auth or use separate logins.

On Sep 6, 2012 9:32 AM, "Simon" <simon AT hacknix.net> wrote:
On 09/06/12 00:07, Alex Hanselka wrote:
> I have no problem with this either but I still think we should give the
> option of OpenNIC logins across our registrars as well.

In my opinion there is an advantage to staying completely separate from
mechanisms that the big players use, particularly when considered in the
context of freedom from potential pressure or abuse of this system by
the powers that be as another mechanism to try and exert censorship or
control.

Simon