discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] The website

Re: [opennic-discuss] The website

  • From: <opennic7184 AT guerrillamail.org>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] The website
  • Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2012 16:44:53 -0600

On 2012-12-03 22:32:53 deep.alexander AT gmail.com wrote:
> Heya,
>
> We got some feedback on twitter which I can summarize down to the
> following:
> * The website is complicated.
> * http://www.useopennic.org/ is better at conveying the information.
> (A big cheer to Travis!)
> * The banner is a bit on the large side. (He might not have said this,
> but I'm certain he would have if I pointed it out to him).
>
> I'm therefore of the opinion that we should begin re-designing the
> website.

Apologies if this message gets sent multiple times--the first time I think it
ended up in the moderator queue.

My suggestion is to use the content of useopennic.org for the
opennicproject.org home page, and redirect useopennic.org to the homepage (to
avoid duplication).

The useopennic page clearly explains our message and how to set things up. The
page is also very clean and attractive. It works well as a homepage--details
should be saved for the wiki. I think it will also help to attract users.

If we take this approach, we will probably need to add some links (to the
wiki, etc) to the existing useopennic page.

Lastly, it would be good to put the code of the useopennic webpage on github
or bitbucket or somewhere similar that so we can all help to improve it.