discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] Limitations on the number of T2 servers per person?

Re: [opennic-discuss] Limitations on the number of T2 servers per person?

  • From: Jeff Taylor <shdwdrgn AT sourpuss.net>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] Limitations on the number of T2 servers per person?
  • Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2015 15:19:04 -0600
  • Dmarc-filter: OpenDMARC Filter v1.3.0 mx4.sourpuss.net DE5EB2D6E0

We have a 'whitelisting' option available, although that presents some possible problems on the client side.  Whitelisting means that only registered users are allowed to make recursive queries from your server.  All other queries are ignored, and generally causes attackers to ignore you.  This is similar to how an ISP works, only answering queries from your own customers, except it also requires the clients to set up a script to keep their IP up to date.

To set up your server for whitelisting, see this page:  http://wiki.opennicproject.org/API_BindACL

For clients to use whitelisted servers, see this page:  http://wiki.opennicproject.org/API_Whitelist