discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] OpenNIC Domains Registration Fee - Liberland domains .LL

Re: [opennic-discuss] OpenNIC Domains Registration Fee - Liberland domains .LL

  • From: Maiyannah Bishop <maiyannah.bishop AT postactiv.com>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] OpenNIC Domains Registration Fee - Liberland domains .LL
  • Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2016 15:35:06 -0500

Jonah, there's a difference between my saying 'I don't think this is a good idea' and 'this isn't allowed by [policy]' - though I do think we're skirting on the charter a bit by the idea of paid stuff ("[access] regardless of economic circumstances") - I wouldn't be suggesting methods I find more acceptable if I thought it broke policies in some egregious or unconsciable way.

In the vein of Hamza's suggestion, I believe a few TLDs operate by allowing a single user to have up to a certain number of registrations, so I don't think it would be that bad to suggest "after [x] domains you have to pay a fee" as another possibility.

-mb