discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] Moving to Discourse (Forum + Mailing List Replacement)

Re: [opennic-discuss] Moving to Discourse (Forum + Mailing List Replacement)

  • From: Alex Nordlund <deep.alexander AT gmail.com>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] Moving to Discourse (Forum + Mailing List Replacement)
  • Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2017 09:08:04 +0200

On 20 Apr 2017 8:14 a.m., <vv AT cgs.pw> wrote:
My feeling is
that Discourse is not going to fly with this crowd.
In the end, I'll use almost anything, but there
are too many here who will not participate if it's
not via email.

This here is exactly the reason why discourse exists, it literally works over email.

You get the same "forum" in the browser and in the mailing list.
I've not used discourse much, but I tried it a few years ago and I only used the mailing list interface.