discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] Moving to Discourse (Forum + Mailing List Replacement)

Re: [opennic-discuss] Moving to Discourse (Forum + Mailing List Replacement)

  • From: Christopher <weblionx AT gmail.com>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] Moving to Discourse (Forum + Mailing List Replacement)
  • Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2017 19:10:31 -0400

If it maintains the mailing list functionality while also providing
forums I don't care much one way or the other. Only thing that stands
out to me is running a forum introduces a greater attack surface in
terms of security vulnerabilities. Web forums seem to have a large
patch rate to fix security flaws, so whoever maintains the forums
needs to keep up to date on it, consistently.