discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] Hosting company which allows OpenNIC domains (specifically .o)?

Re: [opennic-discuss] Hosting company which allows OpenNIC domains (specifically .o)?

  • From: Zac <opennicproject AT dearzac.com>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] Hosting company which allows OpenNIC domains (specifically .o)?
  • Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2017 20:33:50 -0500

Jonah:

I've set up dedicated servers before (similar to VPS). If I did that, then I'd need to know how to get the DNS to point to that server. In the past, I've just done that through my registrar, but I'm not sure how that works with OpenNIC domains. I'll have to do a bit of reading on that.

Thank for the SSL info. Since almost no one will be able to reach the site anyway without being able to modify their DNS, I suppose asking them to accept a self-signed cert isn't much more to ask of them.

Thank you Christopher. I'll take a look.

Amrit, thank you for the info.

Daniel, thank you. I'll take a look.