discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] TLD policy change discussion

Re: [opennic-discuss] TLD policy change discussion

  • From: <vv AT cgs.pw>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] TLD policy change discussion
  • Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2017 01:47:42 -0700

Regarding a registration system. It's a good thing, but
email registration is not that bad. What is bad is when
a TLD does not also host the domain records. We've had
this here, and I think the requirement of operating one's
own server to host a domain is too much for most people
and they don't expect it when they just register a domain.
The reason I think this is important is that free DNS
providers such as 1984.is and cloudns.net won't accept
non ICANN domains.

~ Ole