discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] TLD policy change discussion

Re: [opennic-discuss] TLD policy change discussion

  • From: Jeff Taylor <shdwdrgn AT sourpuss.net>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] TLD policy change discussion
  • Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2017 22:45:27 -0600
  • Dmarc-filter: OpenDMARC Filter v1.3.0 mx1.computerrehab.us 78C012D7DE

Specifically for the TLD votes, not for anything else.  The reasoning was that a TLD is a pretty big deal, and we should expect a strong support behind any such additions.  Having a new TLD pass by a single vote does not show a strong interest by the community and probably means the charter needs to be refined.

And honestly, if an idea is good then there's usually strong support behind it.  If half the group is on the fence or just doesn't like the idea, then something is wrong and it needs to be reconsidered.