discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] planets TLDs

Re: [opennic-discuss] planets TLDs

  • From: Matthias Merkel <matthias AT boltn-hosting.com>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] planets TLDs
  • Date: Sat, 23 Dec 2017 15:03:31 +0000

You can also send me a non-list email at matthias AT boltn-hosting.com. You may be elidgable to get our NICaaS service for free

On Sat, Dec 23, 2017, 1:42 PM Alex Nuta <alex.nuta AT protonmail.com> wrote:
I want to thank you for this email, Chris.
Since finding out about OpenNIC last week, I've wanted to rush in and set up a server or five in my Canadian and French locations, but your email succinctly explains that when you do that, you need to be ready to keep it up, and you need staying power and commitment more than enthusiasm.

It's fair to say I haven't considered all of these aspects, and you probably don't need a Tier 2 server popping up, only to disappear in 6 months if I change jobs...
I'll consider this more carefully before I jump in to make sure it can be a long term arrangement.

Best,

Alex Nuta

Sent from ProtonMail, encrypted email based in Switzerland. Join for free and get highly secure email.