discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] planets TLDs

Re: [opennic-discuss] planets TLDs

  • From: opennic AT ned-ludd.com
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] planets TLDs
  • Date: Sat, 23 Dec 2017 23:14:16 +1100 (AEDT)

On Sat, 23 Dec 2017, Jonah Aragon wrote:

I am definitely opposed to people just coming out of the blue and thinking they can just get a TLD however, because it actually requires some effort and long-term planning

This has been my thinking for some time: many of the TLDs that have been proposed of late seem to me to have an air of being a passing fancy on the part of the proposer. I call such proposals "Rooney-Garland" ideas: raised by enthusiastic and well-meaning people who haven't fully considered just how much work and effort will be required to see it through.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/HeyLetsPutOnAShow

I'd be happy to see hundreds of new TLDs but only if they can