discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] planets TLDs

Re: [opennic-discuss] planets TLDs

  • From: <vv AT cgs.pw>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] planets TLDs
  • Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2017 17:54:51 -0800

To me there is no practical logic to creating any
more TLDs. People like to create them, and the pleasure
they get from that seems to be what it's about. I do
support that, but we certainly don't need any more
TLDs. There are plenty of domains still available
on the TLDs we have and in reality they can be used for
anything you want. To me the bottom line is that we have
yet to get anything to take off and be viable as an
alternative to the ICANN net. It is only our DNS which
is a great success.

~ Ole