discuss - [opennic-discuss] CMS

[opennic-discuss] CMS

  • From: Mike <mike AT pikeaero.com>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: [opennic-discuss] CMS
  • Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2012 09:25:08 -0500

I was not aware that "brand" of website CMS was open for debate, I
thought we where already decided in WP?

Well if it's still open, then I'll throw my hat in the ring.

I have had good results using (and am a minor contributor to) both CMSMS
and BIGACE Multi-Site CMS and find them both to be pretty good.

From a publisher point of view I find CMSMS very easy to use and create
custom applications. It has good excellent access control. Lots of
useful modules available as well, and uses a Smarty derived front-end
processing. Very easy to both create custom modules and to tie existing
module functionality together to form custom applications.

BIGACE is a little more designed for operating many websites under a
single CMS instance. It had outstanding flexibility related to access
control and that sort of thing, the plugin API is still a little rough
in my view. Not many ready-made themes, number of plugins are increasing
but still not like the mainstream CMSs.

--Mike