discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] Why Bother?

Re: [opennic-discuss] Why Bother?

  • From: Peter Green <peter AT greenpete.co.uk>
  • To: <discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org>
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] Why Bother?
  • Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2012 20:06:39 +0100

"I'm curious what makes the various people involved with OpenNIC take the
time to try to change the way the internet works?"

I wasn't aware we are, are we?

As for why I got involved in OpenNIC, I believe keeping the Wibbly Wobbly
Web open (not the Internets, that's a different thing, though equally as
valuable) and free is essential for
free speech and freedom in general.

My question would be, "why wouldn't you do something for the greater good,
particular, freedom of speech?"

Peter