discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] Why Bother?

Re: [opennic-discuss] Why Bother?

  • From: Todd Freeman <todd AT cruxtech.net>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] Why Bother?
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2012 03:34:39 -0500

This is why I bother: http://chiwifi.net/Diagram1.png

Also, does anyone here have any experience setting up PowerDNS as a tier 2 ?

On 2012-07-12 10:40 PM, Jimmy Chen wrote:
To preserve and protect Net Neutrality.

On Thu, Jul 12, 2012 at 4:16 PM, Martin C <martin AT mchomenet.com> wrote:
As for the reason to put in the effort? Too many times, the commercial
and government interests running the accepted norm have violated the
trust of the end user in one fashion or another. A fundamental DNS
project run by volunteers without such politically or commercially
selfish interests
Quoting for truth, as the saying goes.

Inspired by:
http://www.michaelgeist.ca/content/view/6359/135/
http://yro.slashdot.org/story/12/03/06/1720230/us-asserts-super-jurisdiction-over-dot-com-dot-net-and-dot-org-domains

and alongside the above ideals, is directly behind my motivation for
putting any and all effort that I can into OpenNIC.

--
Martin C.