discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] Why Bother?

Re: [opennic-discuss] Why Bother?

  • From: Martin C <martin AT mchomenet.com>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] Why Bother?
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2012 09:16:38 +1000

> As for the reason to put in the effort? Too many times, the commercial
> and government interests running the accepted norm have violated the
> trust of the end user in one fashion or another. A fundamental DNS
> project run by volunteers without such politically or commercially
> selfish interests
Quoting for truth, as the saying goes.

Inspired by:
http://www.michaelgeist.ca/content/view/6359/135/
http://yro.slashdot.org/story/12/03/06/1720230/us-asserts-super-jurisdiction-over-dot-com-dot-net-and-dot-org-domains

and alongside the above ideals, is directly behind my motivation for
putting any and all effort that I can into OpenNIC.

--
Martin C.