discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] Call for vote to drop ING

Re: [opennic-discuss] Call for vote to drop ING

  • From: Jeff Taylor <shdwdrgn AT sourpuss.net>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] Call for vote to drop ING
  • Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2014 10:37:28 -0700
  • Dmarc-filter: OpenDMARC Filter v1.3.0 mx2.sourpuss.net 8959D2D3EB

All right, spent the morning rewriting code so I could do appropriate check. I should now get an email warning if there is a conflict in TLDs between either ICANN or other peers. When conflicts are found in ICANN, their information is removed and OpenNic's zone is assumed to be authoritative.

I know there's been some issues with resolution of the .ing zone recently due to the conflict. That should be clearing up now. A new (clean) root zone has been issued by NS0, s0 we just need to wait for it to get out to all of the T1/T2 servers.